Friday, June 18, 2021

The story of the four fathers

Did you hear the story about the four expectant fathers who were in a Minnesota hospital waiting room while their wives were in labor?

The nurse arrived and announced to the first man, "Congratulations, sir, you're the father of twins."  "What a coincidence," the man said with some obvious pride, "I work for the Minnesota Twins baseball team."

The nurse returned a little bit later and said to the second man, "You sir are the father of triplets."  "Wow! That's an incredible coincidence," he answered.  "I work for the 3M corporation.  My buddies at work will never let me live this down."

An hour later, while the other two men were passing cigars around, the nurse came back, this time to announce to the third man who had been quietly waiting in the corner, "Your wife has just given birth to quadruplets!" The man was so shocked he could barely speak.  "It's not another coincidence, is it?" the nurse asked.  After finally regaining his composure, the man said, "I don't believe it! I work for the Four Seasons hotel chain."

After hearing this, everybody's attention turned to the 4th guy, who had just fainted, flat out on the floor.  The nurse rushed to his side and after some time, he slowly regained consciousness.  When he was finally able to speak, you could hear his whispering over and over again...

"I should have never taken that job at 7 UP.  I should have never taken that job at 7 UP!"

Anyway, Happy Father's Day!