Monday, April 25, 2022

TGW for April 20-25


Monday, April 25, 2022  Read: Psalm 13  David teaches us an important lesson – in times of distress or despair, turn to the Lord and His Word.  Meditate and pray upon it.  The Holy Spirit will give you hope and restore Your confidence.  Pray: Holy Spirit, remind me this day of my heavenly Father’s love and protection for me and my loved ones.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.

 

Tuesday, April 26, 2022  Read: Psalm 14  Some reject the existence of God, preferring to point to their own good works as being worthy of acclaim.  Verses 2-4 describe how completely God rejects any works done outside of faith in Him alone.  Pray: Thank You, O Lord, for my righteousness, holiness and redemption comes through faith in You alone.  Amen.  (based on 1 Corinthians 1:30)

 

Wednesday, April 27, 2022  Read: Psalm 15  The apostle James wrote that “I will show you my faith by what I do.”  This, too, is the point of the psalmist.  True faith produces righteous living.  Where do you see yourself in today’s reading?  Pray: Gracious God, I want to follow You alone.  But sometimes I struggle with this…

 

Thursday, April 28, 2022  Read: Psalm 16:1-6  Did you notice the heading, “A miktam of David?” A miktam is a “mystery poem,” meaning that it deals with the deepest mysteries of life and of our relationship with God.  Note: this is a Messianic Psalm.  Pray: Dear Father, I simply cannot understand why You are so gracious and kind to me.  I praise You for Your indescribable love and mercy.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.

 

Friday, April 29, 2022  Read: Psalm 16:7-11  Did you know that both Paul and Peter quote verses 9-11 in their letters? They do so in reference to the resurrection of Jesus as affirmation of the Savior who fulfills the promises made by David and the Old Testament prophets.  Pray: Lord Jesus, I praise and thank You for Your sacrificial death and victorious resurrection.  Guide me on the path that leads to eternal life.  Amen.

 

Saturday, April 30, 2022  Read: Psalm 17:1-9  David is confident that God will answer his prayer.  Why? Because of God’s disposition to love and care for His children.  Pray: Dear Lord, keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings.  Amen.