Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Arizona's calling us home

Time for us to hit the road again.  We've enjoyed our summer in Michigan.  What's not to like? Relaxing on the beach...fun boating on the water...cheering grandkids on while watching football, soccer and golf...family dinners...relaxing on the deck...trying to beat my dear, sweet wife at ping-pong (rarely).

I also had the opportunity to preach on 11 occasions.  Proclaiming the Word of God and administering the sacraments (besides giving the Lord's supper I also had the chance to baptize a new born--got through it without weeping).  I connected so well with one church that they asked if I'd like to be their full-time pastor.  I assured them that the Lord had in mind who their next pastor would be and that He simply wanted them to trust that this vacancy would ultimately work out for their good.  I hope to join them next year as a worshipper.

I look forward to leading worship and preaching at Christ the Redeemer on October 18 and teaching on Thursday morning at Church of the Master, beginning November 5.  I'm going to do a series called "The 3:16's."  We'll start by exploring John 3:16 and then look at other 3:16's in Scripture and see how they relate to what might be the most popular verse in the Bible.

I'll check in about this time next week.  Until then the Lord bless and keep you in His tender loving care.