Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I need Your help.

O Lord,

Another work week is fast approaching.  I've worked out my schedule, made a list of my tasks and responsibilities, and have plugged a variety of appointments into my calendar.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  I need Your help.

Help me to rely on Your strength and wisdom.  You know how often I fail when I try to go it alone.

Help me to not be afraid to but always trust that You are with me, even when I can't see Your footprints nearby.

Help me to remember the many, too numerous to count, times when You guided me through a challenging problem, put the right words in my mouth, or totally took the steam out of a hot situation.

Help me when the pressure becomes too great to have the presence of mind to stop, take a couple of deep breaths, and to pray for your peace to flood my heart and mind.

Thank You, in advance, for Your help.  You've never let me down.  Your Holy Word assures me of Your goodness and care for those who are marked with the cross of Christ in Baptism.

Praise You for Your precious promises to forgive, to save and to bless.

In the name of Jesus, I pray.  Amen.