Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A morning prayer

It's amazing a how much stuff a pastor can collect in 21 years of ministry! Last night I was going through some boxes stored in my closet and found pictures, plaques, and other gifts from people I've served over the years.  As I dug through one box I discovered a prayer that I had had framed.  It was on the wall near my desk in my office.  It's a wonderful prayer written by a great man, the Christian pastor, apologist and author, Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

O Heavenly Father

I praise and thank You

For the peace of the night

I praise and thank You for this new day

I praise and thank You for all Your goodness

and faithfulness throughout my life

You have granted me many blessings;

Now let me also accept

what is hard from Your hand

You will lay on me no more than I can bear

You make all things work together for good

for Your children.  Amen