Monday, March 29, 2021

Well known hymns honestly sung

1. I Surrender Some

2. There Shall Be Sprinkles of Blessings

3. Fill My Spoon, Lord

4. Oh, How I Like Jesus

5. He’s Quite a Bit to Me

6. I Love to Talk About Telling the Story

7. Take My Life and Let Me Be

8. It is My Secret What God Can Do

9. There is Scattered Cloudiness in My Soul Today

10. Where He Leads Me, I Will Consider Following

11. Just As I Pretend to Be

What do you think? There are times when we feel like we're getting shortchanged a little bit by God.  He seems to treat others better than us.  Our friends get a faster answer to their prayers than we do.

And yet, every time we confess the Apostles' Creed, we realize that God has not treated us differently.  He hasn't withheld something that He's given to someone else.  We have the stuff we need for daily life.  The barrier of sin and punishment has been removed by God's Son.  The power to live a changed life, showed with God's blessings is given us by the Holy Spirit.

So repent and forget about the friend who seems to have it all.  You have everything too - in Christ Jesus - forgiveness for all your sins, joy in being in relationship with your Savior God, and the promise of eternal life in heaven.

"My HOPE is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness!"  So is yours!