Sunday, August 22, 2021

You Might Be a Preacher If...

My daughter, Stephanie, gave me a nifty little book for my birthday one year.  It was titled, "You Might Be a Preacher If..."  Some of the insights were pretty funny.  To these I've added a few of my own.

You might be a preacher if...

People at the wedding reception can't wait for you to leave.

Your office is "prayer conditioned."

You would rather walk on a bed of hot coals than pray "Bible Trivia Pursuit."

You've thought of serving Starbucks coffee during the coffee hour.

You've been asked what it's like to work just one day a week.

You know what a Narthex is.

You've answered a phone call at 2 am and your congregational member said, "I hope I'm not bothering you, Pastor."

You've been asked to offer a prayer for one of your members...when there are two minutes before the service.

When a person takes the communion wine and says, "That's mighty good!"

During the hymns you take a quick attendance count.

You argue with the ushers over the attendance count.

You've got a fabulous sermon on humility.