Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Where has Nate Bargatze been all my life!

My friend, Renee, purchased for Sherri and me a year's subscription to World Magazine.  I call World Magazine the Christian "Time" magazine.  However, that's probably an insult to World Magazine so I won't make that analogy anymore.

Anyway, I happily read World Magazine from cover to cover each time I find it in my mailbox.  It does an amazing job of looking at current events from a Christian world view.  It offers viewpoints on the news that you won't find anywhere else.  It also covers the arts.  Books, video and music reviews are featured in each edition.

And that's how I found out about Nate Bargatze.  He is a stand-up comedian who is laugh-out-loud funny.  His observations about marriage, family, friendship and work are fresh and entertaining.  He's as funny as anybody I've heard recently.  And here's the best part...(wait for it) his stand-up has absolutely no profanity or sexual references!

A comedian that I enjoy is Ron White.  He's appeared in the "Blue Collar Comedy" movies.  He's funny.  He's sarcastic.  It's his deal and he makes me laugh.  So, I happened to find a CD of one of his shows at Savers.  I bought it.  Wow!

He drops F-bombs like our military drops balloons out of the sky.  There is nothing off limits to talk about or make fun of.  I couldn't believe I was hearing the same guy that was in those movies.  I was going to return the CD to Savers or Goodwill.  But then I thought that a better place for the CD was in my garbage can.

Bargatze told great stories about his family, the drawbacks of being a firstborn, and how awful the word "sucks" is.  His story about playing golf with his wife had me in stitches.  I won't give anything away but he does make it clear that his wife doesn't understand how the "tee time" is to be more strictly observed than speed limit signs.  He also wonders how medical offices keep losing the forms he fills out each time we're there for a visit.  I've wondered that too; it seems that every time I visit my doctor I'm filling out the same forms I filled out before.

Bargatze's latest show is on Prime Video and is entitled, "Hello World!"  If you are unfamiliar with him, I suggest you say "hello" to Nate Bargatze.  He is like finding a rare gem.  A clean comedian who is funny.  Now, that is a find!