Monday, November 19, 2018

Be nice to the Pastor's wife

A few years ago I received three copies of a Hallmark gift book, "A Laugh a Day."  Apparently, I looked like needed a good belly laugh.

I was flipping through the book the other day and I found this quote:

Say something nice to your pastor's wife. She has a hard job for which she is not paid.

October is Pastors Appreciation Month.  Maybe November should be Pastor's Wife Appreciation Month.  Many pastors wives work both inside and outside the home.  Many are expected to be completely involved in the life of the congregation.  As one person said to me, "We get two for one - the pastor's wife is like an unpaid staff member."

What an attitude!

So, give some kudos to the pastor's wife the next time you see her.  So often, the focus is on the pastor. Give some love to his wife.  She'll probably be surprised.  But she'll really appreciate it!