Thursday, August 5, 2021

His footprints are so big


Richard E. Lauersdorf is my favorite devotional writer.  His book, "Together with Jesus," helps me start my day where it needs to start - with a thought about my Savior.  Today's devotion, based on 1 Peter 2:21, included these wonderful words:

I don't have to match Christ's footsteps when it comes to my salvation.  They are just too big and deep for anyone to do that.  And it is not necessary.  When Peter wrote "Christ suffered for you..." He was referring to a done deal.  Christ took that deep step down from heaven, that giant step up to the cross, that horrible step into hell's suffering, and that victorious step out of the grave, He took steps that only God could, and because He did, my salvation is complete.  I don't even have to walk to heaven; the Savior will carry me.

From the devotion for August 5.