Monday, November 22, 2021

Here is your TGW for the week!

Are your mornings incredibly busy.  Have to get your spouse, your kids, yourself going and out the door to school, work or some other activity? Why not give TGW a try?  Each Monday I'll provide you with a reading from Scripture, something of interest about that reading and a short prayer.  If you've not got the time to do a lengthy devotion and prayer, then check out this week's readings.  Enjoy and God bless your week!

Monday, November 22, 2021                                                         Read Joshua 1:1-9

Reread verse two.  Now, turn to Number 11:10-15 to learn what Moses thought about “these people.”  This is why the Lord delivers such a strong word of encouragement to Joshua.  And God ends this section with a powerful promise.  Prayer: Lord, as you promised Joshua, so You have promised me that You will be with me wherever I go.  See me through this day.  Amen.

 

Tuesday, November 23, 2021                                                          Read Joshua 1:10-18

Have you noticed the repetition? In this chapter, four times we have heard the admonition – be strong and courageous.  God’s purpose is simple – He wants Joshua to trust that with His help, the new leader of the people will conquer Canaan.  Prayer: Lord, just like Joshua, I need to hear Your powerful Words every day.  Help me apply them to my daily life.  Amen.

 

Wednesday, November 24, 2021                                                  Read Psalm 2:1-12

Did you catch the dismay of the psalmist? Why would anyone, no matter how powerful, plot and scheme against the Lord and against His Anointed One, meaning Jesus the Christ.  This is a Messianic psalm and points to the coming of Anointed One, God’s Son.  Prayer: O God, life is so hard.  I’m tempted to worry.  Help me turn to you for help and assurance, O my refuge.  Amen.

 

Thursday, November 25, 2021                                                        Read Matthew 8:1-17

Happy Thanksgiving! Notice that the illnesses increase in intensity.  First a person with a skin disease.  No problem.  But then a more difficult situation – a man is paralyzed.  Finally, the seemingly impossible – healing the demon possessed.  Jesus healed them all, fulfilling Isaiah 53:4.  Prayer: Jesus, give me faith to entrust to you the impossible problems and situations in my life. You’ll help me.  Amen.

 

Friday, November 26, 2021                                                              Read Matthew 8:18-34

Reread verses 18-22.  Can you relate to what is going on here? People want to follow Jesus.  But they believe they have more important matters to take care of first.  Aren’t we also given to making excuses for not giving Jesus the first and best place in our lives? Prayer: Jesus, You are amazing! Nothing can overcome You.  Help me trust that You’ll be with me in the storms of my life.  Amen.

 

Saturday November 27, 2021                                                         Read Galatians 1:1-10

Verses 3-5 are called by some “the heart of the Gospel.”  Paul speaks grace and peace to his readers.  A nice greeting to be sure.  But then, notice how Paul administers the Law to those who are despising the grace and peace that God has given to them in the Gospel.  Pray: Lord, bless my pastor as He proclaims the Gospel to me tomorrow in worship.  Amen.