Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Excited

From the October newsletter

In my former congregation I used to do a little chapel service for our Preschool children each week.  I really had fun playing my guitar and teaching songs to our three and four year old boys and girls.

One of the songs they really enjoyed was entitled "I'm Excited."  It went like this:
I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm excited in the Lord
When you're walking with the Lord, you don't get bored
When you're following the Son, you have more fun
When you're working with the King, you really want to sing
I'm excited!

Behind this little children's song is a very powerful truth - it is exciting to serve the Lord!

Our new life in Christ isn't boring.  When you take seriously Jesus' admonition to "love one another," the Lord brings you in touch with all kinds of people with all kinds of needs.  You might find yourself doing things you never thought you could do...like helping feed the homeless, praying with a friend in the hospital or serving as a volunteer at a community event.  Following Jesus is fun.  The more you read and study and apply His Word to your life, the stronger your faith becomes and you draw closer and closer to the Lord.  On top of that, Jesus invites us to work in His kingdom, reaching others with the good news of His salvation to our community and world.

I'm excited about all that God is doing at Life in Christ.  Guests each Sunday tell me they sense the joy that our congregation has in worshipping and serving the Lord and one another.  As we move into the Fall season, may the Lord continue to make Life in Christ an exciting place to be!