Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Remembering Virginia

One of our dear members, Virginia Kanzler, fell asleep in Jesus last Saturday morning.  She blessed our church in so many way.  I won't forget:

Her faithfulness in worship.  She came many Sundays when she didn't feel very well.  But she wanted to be in God's House, with the family she loved so much, to receive the gifts of God.

Her receiving the Lord's Supper.  Because it became hard for her to get to the communion rail we brought communion to her.  The look on her face after receiving the Sacrament told me how grateful she was to have been given a heavenly meal designed to reassure her that all her sins were forgiven by the Father for the sake of the Son.

Her sitting in the sanctuary listing to our little musical group practicing on Friday afternoons.  She was our biggest fan.

Her work with our "Bulletin Bunch."  She and the other ladies sure had a great time while providing a valuable service for our church.

The way she would say to me, "I want to tell you something."  And then, she'd tell me.

I really like orange Tootsie Pops.  Virginia liked the chocolate ones.  So each time she bought a new package she would take out all the orange ones and give them to me.  I have one left.  I'm saving it.

Rest in Jesus, Virginia.  We all loved you so much.,