Thursday, April 12, 2018

Go slow!

I've been thinking a lot about our upcoming trip.  And I resolved to try and do something during these upcoming 10 days.  Go slow.

We're going to see much of the Holy Land during our time there.  Our tour company will keep us busy all day, every day.  And that's a good thing.

But I don't want to rush.  I want to go slow when we get to Nazareth.  I want to savor the view from the Mount of the Beatitudes.  I want to take in Capernaum, touch the stones that heard the voice of Jesus teach with authority.  I want to cherish every moment on the Sea of Galilee as I feel the spray of the water touch my face.  I want to stand quietly and reflect on the tug of war that took place between the Father and the Son in the Garden of Gethsemane.  I want to take as much time as possible in giving thanks to my Savior while standing at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the most important place on earth!

Realistically, I'll have to travel at the same pace as our group and guide.  But I'm guessing that this is a once in a lifetime trip.  And I want to make every moment count as I spend 10 days in Jesus' earthly backyard.

Lord, help me to go slow.  Amen.