Monday, May 16, 2022

See you in eternity, Suzanne

My friend, Suzanne, passed away on Saturday morning.

For as long as I've known her, she has always suffered with her health.  In and out of the hospital more times than I can count.  She had many more bad days than good ones.  Life was a struggle and it was difficult to watch her suffer.

In the life of every pastor there are people who are a source of encouragement.  Suzanne was one of those people for me.  Things that I took for granted, like visiting her in the hospital or having a prayer with her over the phone were things that she cherished and she let me know it.  When I retired, she was disappointed but she still made me feel like I was doing the right thing.

Last September, she and Jim took me out for my birthday.  Knowing my love for the Beatles, she gave me a book of their lyrics and a prized record album from her collection.  Her thoughtfulness was touching and something I won't soon forget.

My heart goes out to her husband, Jim.  He had seen Suzanne through so many of her health issues.  Jim is dealing with his own health issues right now so this is doubly hard for him.  Keep him in your prayers.

In the book of Revelation, we have the words, "Blessed are they who die in the Lord."  Through all her many trials, Suzanne kept trusting in her Lord and Savior.  Now she is resting in the arms of Jesus, waiting for the great day of the resurrection of the dead and the life everlasting.  Then we'll see a new Suzanne - no more pain and no more tears.  

What a day that will be.  Come, Lord Jesus.