Monday, October 16, 2023

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Hello kind readers!

I arrived back in the Valley last Thursday.  I missed our home, family, friends and favorite shops and restaurants.  I also missed ALL THE HEAT THAT TOOK PLACE DURING THE SUMMER! (Hate to rub it in).

So what did we do? Spent lots of time with our Michigan kids and grandkids.  Attended soccer, football and basketball games.  Had the opportunity to preach nine times in three different churches.  Discovered a great Bible class at the church where my kids attend.  Marveled at the corn fields, grape vineyards, and apple orchards near our home.  Brisk morning walks with our dog, Jake.  Sunsets on Lake Michigan.  Hearing one of our favorite singers, Lexi Adams.  Opening our house as a BnB for friends passing through.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but you get the drift, as they say.

I'll be busy while we're here.  I am serving as interim Pastor at Christ the Redeemer in Phoenix.  I hope to bring some continuity while provide pastoral care.  People have joked with me that I couldn't stay retired for long.  But I see it differently.  I'll preach once a week.  I may help out with the Sunday Bible class.  I'll make home and hospital visits as needed. No meetings! Truth is, if the above is all I had to do, I wouldn't have retired.

I'll be back to blogging regularly.  Hopefully, I'll have a word or two of encouragement to pass your way.  God always keep you in His grip!