Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Pastor finds Biblical Answer for Seating Capacity!



Here’s THE NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED!

TUCSON ARIZONA – Churches have been struggling with how to determine the number of worshippers to allow in their buildings each Sunday while the coronavirus rages on.  But the New Life Overcomers Victory Church has come up with a novel and Biblical solution.

Pastor Joey Baker explained, “We are basing our church capacity on Matthew 18:20 – ‘Where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there’.  So, we don’t have to bother with numbers.  God has given the number the follow! We’re holding our services with just three people in attendance.”

When the NYMHM reporter pointed out that the Matthew 18:20 verse was connected to Jesus' teaching regarding church discipline, Pastor Baker replied, “Well, that’s your interpretation and you’re welcome to it.  Besides, Jesus was full of love and compassion.  He wouldn’t say anything that would offend people.”

Because New Life Overcomers Victory Church is following the three person rule, they are forced to hold 31 services a week, beginning at 6 pm on Friday and ending at 7 pm on Sunday.  Pastor Baker said, “I know that sounds like a lot of services.  But once I have the first 13 under my belt, I hit my groove and nothing can stop me!  The services from Midnight to 6 am are not very well attended.  But I have a small cot in my office that allows me a chance to grab a whole bunch of 10 minute naps.” 

Pastor Baker reported that New Life Overcomers Victory Church would soon be adding a drive-by Communion Service for the membership.  Only three cars will be allowed on the campus at any one time.


NOTE -  The above article is not true.  I took a stab at trying to write a "Babylon Bee" type article.  BTW - if you haven't heard of the Babylon Bee look for it on the web.  Christian satire at its best!