Friday, June 10, 2022

From the pages of The News You Might Have Missed

 Local man caught looking at Women's Softball Game

GLENDALE AZ - Fred Johnson, a Glendale resident, was caught by his wife watching the College Women's Softball National Championship game last night.

Johnson, who is on record as saying that, "women cannot play sports as well as men," was found sitting on the couch, eyes glued on the game.  His wife cried out "Busted!" and  began to lambast him for his hypocritical stance regarding women's sports but Johnson said it was all a misunderstanding.

"I was walking through the living room," said Johnson, "and a commercial was playing on the television.  I thought the TV was on Fox News.  Tucker Carlson is my favorite and I appreciate his honest and even-tempered presentations.  It was an honest mistake."

When asked why he continued to watch the game, Johnson replied, "I was just trying to show my wife that I am open-minded and willing to give women's sports a chance."  Later, Johnson's wife reported that he was scrolling through the guide on his television and looking for WNBA basketball game.