Wednesday, January 4, 2023

My times are in Your hands

 This year I will be serving as the Pastoral Advisor for LWML Zone 26 group.  I'm not exactly sure what me responsibilities will be but there is a meeting on Saturday so I'll know then what's expected of me.  

 I'm working on a devotion based around Psalm 31:14-15, which read: But I say, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."  My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who pursue me.

 In doing some study this afternoon, I appreciated this comment from pastor and author, John Brug: The words "My times are in Your hands," form a beautiful prayer for all Christians when death is near, and for every day of our lives.  These words are also appropriate for placing every second of our lives in God's hands..."

 How would you complete a prayer that began, "O Lord, my times are in Your hands....?"