Friday, March 10, 2023

Some things to be thankful for this week

Successful surgery - it was minor but I still marvel at how well the surgeon did his work.  Feeling great today.

Visit with oldest daughter - her birthday is tomorrow so Sherri and I were glad that we could spend some time with her this week.  She is an amazing daughter, wife, mother, aunt and friend to so many.

Our dog, Jake - when I wasn't feel so well earlier this week, Jake kept me company (except for those times when someone, anyone was walking down our street.  He thinks he owns Kimberly Way.)

Grief Support Group - I have the privilege of meeting with a dozen people who have lost loved ones every Friday.  We are following a study which uses Holy Scripture to bring us into God's presence where the Holy Spirit can do His comforting work.  The people who attend are wonderful and really lift up each other.

Great Friends - on Monday we celebrated some birthdays with some of our closest friends.  The conversation was great, punctuated by much laughter.  What a great blessing our friends are.

My dear, sweet wife - she was there for me while I was recovering at home.  Being a nurse she knows exactly how to carry out all of the post-surgical stuff that needed to be done.  She is a Proverbs 31 woman for sure.

Hope your week was full of blessings too.  God bless your weekend!