Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rocking the House at Helping Partners

Music has always had a way to lift my spirits like few other things.  So when Ken Firchow and I began meeting and talking about the theme for my renewal, I wanted it to be centered around music.  As many of you know, while I am not the world's greatest guitarist, I love to play guitar and sing.  Based on my experience of working with the developmentally disabled, I offered my services to Helping Partners...and they accepted!  Earlier today, my dear, sweet wife and I met with the folks and staff.  We had a great time together.  The set list was: Ïf You're Happy and You Know It; I Saw Her Standing There; Yellow Submarine; The Belly Button Song; Up Above My Head; Pharoah, Pharoah; I've Been Working on the Railroad; Man Gave Names to All the Animals; He's Got the Whole World in His Hands; and the Mickey Mouse Club theme song.  Hopefully, I'll be able to go back for another performance in July and, possibly, take some of our High School kids along to help out.  I would be so pleased if the Lord opened a door for our church to serve this often forgotten segment of our society.

The photo below, taken by Sherri, is me singing I Saw Her Standing There, complete with my Beatles wig (thanks to Lucille Beyer!).