Saturday, July 23, 2011

10 Days and Counting

Until the end of renewal.  Time is fickle, isn't it? It seems like these past three months have flown by.  And then, it seems like I've been on renewal forever.  But as this time comes to an end, I do feel refreshed, renewed and ready to return to join my brothers and sisters in Christ in the work the Lord has given our church to do.

God is good! He knew I needed this time to recharge my batteries, so to speak.  He partnered me with Ken Firchow so that the application would be done properly.  He surrounded me with so many folks in our congregation who realized that a renewal could be beneficial for all of us at Life in Christ.  He led the Lilly Foundation to select Life in Christ - the only LCMS congregation in AZ to be chosen for a grant.

We've had the opportunity to visit other churches to see how worship is done and I've seen some things that we might want to consider and some things that we will avoid.  I've been able to begin a relationship with Helping Hands that has the potential to continue and who knows what opportunites we might find there.  We traveled to three European countries and were blessed by all we saw and all we met.  My time in Cambridge at Pastor's Study Week with the clergy of the Evan. Lutheran Church of England was inspirational.  And there has been plently of time to pray and read and study God's Holy Word.  God's Spirit continues to fill my heart with faith and peace and hope, the very things I need to faithfully walk with and trust in the Lord who loves me with all His heart.

God's best to you all! Have a wonderful weekend!