Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Can Overcome

I would love to look at my troubles as thought I were in an airplane.  At 35 thousand feet, even the mighty Rocky Mountains don't look so tough...Alas, in my life, I am not flying over my troubles.  I bump into every one because I am not traveling though my life in a plane.  I'm walking next to my oxen and my covered wagon.  But here is God's promise to me (and to you): "Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify me" (Psalm 50:15).

Crossing the great American prairie was a lengthy ordeal, not a stroll.  Your life is a long haul, too, and God loves you so much that he allows hardships to toughen you for the trials of the journey.  But you will make it because your God is with you.  Call on Him.  Expect deliverance.  Honor Him when it comes.

Mark Jeske, "Time of Grace," page 266, published by Concordia Publishing House