Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Living a Life of Significance

At the beginning of the year I made my one and only New Year's resolution, that before I worship or reading the Scriptures I pray: "Speak, O Lord, for your servant is listening."  This morning I was reviewing a book I read last year - "The Calling - Live a Life of Significance," by Kurt Senske.  On page 16, Senske wrote something that reaffirmed that my resolution is one worth pursuing:

God speaks His voice into our hearts at Baptism, and it echoes throughout life as we continue to hear Him as He speaks to us in His Word.  This continual listening to God's Word in worship and at the Lord's Table enables us to grasp the calling of God that is uniquely ours.  To be true to this calling is what it means to live a life of significance.

While I was not a huge fan of "The Purpose Driven Life," author Rick Warren tapped into a question that nearly all people ask - does my life really matter? Your life does matter! Turn to God's Word, listen to God's voice and that Word will point you toward the path of living a life of significance and meaning!