Thursday, February 7, 2013

Top 10 Things Never To Say When Stopped By a Policeman

I was paging through some old Homiletics magazines, looking for an illustration for a radio devotion, when I discovered this helpful bit of information.  I doubt that anyone reading this would ever need this kind of advice but, well, you never know.  So here goes...

1) I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer.

2) Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

3) Hey, you must have been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me.  Good job!

4) Are you Andy or Barney?

5) I thought you had to be in relatively good condition to be a police officer.

6) You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?

7) Gee, Officer! That's terrific.  The last officer only gave me a warning, too!

8) Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.

9) I was trying to keep up with traffic.  Yes, I know there were no other cars around.  That's how far ahead of me they are.

10) When the officer says, "Gee, Son...Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?" you probably shouldn't respond with, "Gee, Officer, your eyes look glazed, have you been eating donuts?"