Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cardinals in 7!

Or 6...or 5...or 4.  It doesn't matter as long as the Cardinals win the 2013 World Series.

Trouble is, they are facing a really good team in the Boston Red Sox.

My family and I lived in the St. Louis area for 13 years and it's hard not to become part of Cardinals Nation.  St. Louis is often cited as the best baseball town in the country .  81 times a year the team plays to sell out to near sell out crowd.  Everyone dresses in the color red.  Good plays by the opposing team are recognized.  Great plays by the home team are rewarded with standing ovations and curtain calls.  If you were a baseball player, I don't think you could ask for a better place to play than St. Louis.

I like the Cardinals chances to take the series.  But Boston didn't win 97 games by luck.  They have an outstanding line up of hitters and their bullpen has been lights out.  And the Red Sox are grinders.  Their games often run 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours long.  Give Boston a chance to beat you and they will.

I like our starting pitching.  And getting Allen Craig back is huge.  Hopefully, he shaken off the rust, so to speak, and is ready to be an RBI machine like he was in the regular season.

The game doesn't start for 10 hours and I'm already getting nervous.  I stopped chewing my fingernails years ago.  Is this the day I fall off the wagon? Oh my! Go Cardinals!!