Friday, October 4, 2013

What a day!

It was a busy but a productive day filled with blessings.

Finished my sermon for Sunday.

Attended our District Pastor's Conference.

Ran into Mark Jeske, speaker of the great "Time of Grace" television program (on at 7 am every Sunday on channel 61).

Met with a pastor from Yuma who will be participating in a group for new pastors that I'll be leading.

Heard a missionary from Houston who provided some good ideas for outreach and witness in our own area.

Visited with my buddy, Padre Dave.

Helped my long time friend, Jerry, work on a sermon he will be delivering at another congregation in a week.

Talked with a young man in our congregation who has decided to become a pastor.  It got rather emotional at times for me.

Enjoyed a lovely evening on the patio with my dear, sweet wife, my youngest daughter and my grandson.

Attended a screening of the movie, "Unstoppable," featuring Kirk Cameron (a former TV star who has become quite an apologist for the Christian faith).

No wonder I slept so well last night!