Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sentence of the Year

I don't know if there is such a thing as "Sentence of the Year."  If there is I'd like to submit this:

I can't even do the nose thingy-muh-bobber-sober.  Tom Chambers

According to the local paper Chambers was arrested Saturday in Scottsdale on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Chambers apparently told police that he'd had a few beers while attending the Pac-12 Championship game at ASU.  They also found a couple of nearly empty beer bottles rolling around in Chambers pick up truck.

Obviously, the story made the paper because Chambers is a local celebrity.  He was a star player with the Phoenix Suns and works in television as an analyst of their games.

I was very proud of my son last Saturday evening.  He and a bunch of friends went to Sun Devil Stadium to tailgate before attending the game.  Eric served as the designated driver which meant that he was not imbibing along with the rest of his friends.

I guess this is standard procedure when he and his friends get together.  As Eric explains it, they just don't want to take the chance that someone might have too much to drink and then foolishly get behind the wheel of their car.

I'm hoping that Tom Chambers will start doing the same.