Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Worship on Christmas Eve

I'm not sure why but Christmas snuck up on me.  Even when I thought I was ahead of the calendar, I was way behind.  But we're ready to worship and we invite you to join us.

Our Family service featuring the children of our Sunday school takes place at 5 pm.  The kids will present the Christmas story in word and song and my message is entitled, "The Baby That Takes Care of You."  We have a great staff of teachers and leaders and they have worked hard to get our kids ready for tonight's service.

Then at 7 and 9 pm our traditional Candlelight Service takes place.  Special music will be offered by Nicole Lingenfelter, Connie Baker, Pat Herman, Susan Keedy, the LICL Adult Choir and the LICL Bell Choir.  My sermon is entitled, "Treasure the Story!"

Last year it seemed that half of Peoria turned out for our 7 pm service so you best get there early.  Or, if you can, you might just wait until 9 pm where seating and parking might be just a little bit easier.  In any event I pray that you will join us tonight (and tomorrow morning at 10 am) as we celebrate God's gift to us - Christ the Lord!