Thursday, January 9, 2014

My 2013 Reading List

I like to read books.  I like the smell of books.  I like to hold them in my hand.  I'm not much for the Kindle or Nook although I'm sure that will change.  Anyway, I like to read.  I probably spend time reading when I should be doing something else, like helping out my dear, sweet wife around the house.  In 2013 here's what I managed to plow through:

"The Sermon Maker" by Calvin Miller
"Who I Am" by Pete Townshend
"The Price of Politics" by Bob Woodward
"The Constantine Codex" by Paul L. Meier
"Say It Well" by Chuck Swindoll
"Wherever I Wind Up" by R.A. Dickey
"Luther's World of Thought" by Heinrich Bornkamm
"The Vault" by Ruth Rendell
"Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
"Jack Kennedy - Elusive Hero" by Chris Matthews
"Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham
"Fiery Fullback" by Clair Bee
"Chasing the Dream" by Filip Bondy
"The Kennedy Detail" by Gerald Blaine
"Commentary on Luther's Catechism - Lord's Prayer" by Albrecht Peters
"You'll Get Through This" by Max Lucado
"Churchill - The Unexpected Hero" by Paul Addison
"What They Need to Hear" by Klemut Preus
"Kissing the Gunner's Daughter" by Ruth Rendell
"The Beatles - Tune In, Vol. 1" by Mark Lewisohn
"Martin Luther - Preacher of the Cross" by John T. Pless

As you can see, I'm all over the place as a reader.  Some of the books were read because of my vocation.  Others because they relate to some kind of interest of mine.  And others were read for fun.  I hope you read a book or two this past year that really enriched your life or gave you much pleasure.