Saturday, July 23, 2016

In love with the 23rd Psalm

First, there was Joy.  Then, there was Elsie.  Now, we have Joyce.

Three wonderful Christian woman, called home to be with Jesus.

As we were preparing for Elsie Kane's Memorial Service last night we received a call that Joyce Haynes had fallen asleep in Jesus at 6 pm.

Joyce had been in Hospice care for over a week.  I had seen her nearly everyday during that time.  A week ago Sunday the family and I met with her for a time of worship, singing and prayer.

During that time together I discovered Joyce's great love for David's great psalm.

During the next several days Joyce and I kept coming back to Psalm 23.

Those six verses provided Joyce great comfort.  She would say, "Jesus is my shepherd.  He has always taken care of me.  I know He is with me.  I will be with Him forever."

Simple but powerful statements of faith.  Just as a shepherd loves his sheep, Joyce knew she was loved by her Good Shepherd, Jesus.  She never wavered.  She kept on trusting.

Joyce was with those that she loved and who loved her the most.  Her beloved husband, Chuck.  Her kids and grand kids.  And continually watched over by her Shepherd.

We will miss her but look forward to the Last Day when we will be reunited with Joyce and all the saints of God and taken into heaven.

Rest in Jesus, Joyce.

Join us this weekend for worship at LICL.  Saturday's service begins at 5 pm.  Sunday services take place at 8 and 10:45 am.  Bible classes for all ages start at 9:20 am.

Have a blessed weekend!