Monday, November 27, 2017

Day off - thank you, Lord!


Thank you, Lord, for a day off.

A day to sleep late.  It felt so good to get a full night's sleep for a change.

We've got a busy month of services and activities coming up.  Help me to let those things go.

Let me rejoice in the time You've given me today. 

All that other stuff? It can wait until tomorrow.

Let me rest in Your peace, Your gift.  You don't give to me what the world gives.

The world may provide temporary peace. 

But even where there is no peace in my life, You've given me peace for my heart and mind.

Through my baptism I was made Your child.

I am in a right relationship with You.

My sins are forgiven.

Your Spirit lives within me.

My destiny is sure and certain - eternal life in heaven.

Lord, I give you the things that cause anxiety and turmoil.

Let me rest in Your peace, Your gift. 

Amen.