Friday, November 3, 2017

Stuff I Like

A good cup of coffee in the morning.  We buy a product called "Jose's" from Costco.  It has a full-bodied taste but is not too strong.  We can never go back to Folger's now.

Portals of Prayer.  While I was visiting one of our members in the hospital yesterday, she and her husband were telling me how they read their Portals of Prayer together every morning.  I think that sometimes Christians think that unless they are devoting a goodly amount of time for Bible study and prayer, their devotional time is bogus.  Not true!  Portals of Prayer gives the reader a short Bible reading, a devotion that can be read in a couple of minutes and a prayer to help you start the day. A very valuable too indeed.

Playing with our little group.  This weekend Connie, Dan, Ron and I - joined by Pete on guitar - will provide the music for our Saturday service at 5 pm and will play "Cornerstone" and "In Christ Alone" during our Deacons Installation service Sunday afternoon at 3 pm.  I can't explain it but there seems to be something magical when we practice a song and it suddenly comes together.We have lots of fun!

Proclaiming God's Word.  And I get to do a lot of it this weekend.  Saturday morning I'll provide the opening devotion for the LWML Zone gathering; Saturday afternoon I'll meet with the Hertzog family for a committal service for their mother, Loretta.  Sunday, at 8 and 11 am, I'll share the message, "No More Tears," for All Saints Sunday.  How could I have known years ago that my career in radio broadcasting would actually be a warm up for sharing the good news of Jesus' love for three congregations.  Praise God!

Have a blessed weekend in the Lord!