Tuesday, October 12, 2021

On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand

Our church administrator, Connie, asked me today if I had a favorite hymn.  Here it is:

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness

 No merit of my own I claim, But wholly lean on Jesus' name

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace

 In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand

His oath, His covenant and blood, Support me in the raging flood

 When every earthly prop gives way, He then is all my hope and stay

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand

When He shall come with trumpet sound, Oh, may I then in Him be found

 Clothed in His righteousness alone, Redeemed to stand before His throne!

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand.