Monday, November 7, 2022

Who Am I

What is my identity? How do people see me? How do I see myself?

These are questions people struggle with.  Not knowing who you are or being confused about your identity can leave a person feeling helpless and purposeless.

Believers find their identity in Christ Jesus.  See 1 Peter 2:9

You are a chosen people - yes, Jesus chose you and called you to be His own

A royal priesthood - you are adopted into God's family through baptism and become part of a royal priesthood which means you have free access to God

A holy nation - through faith in Jesus you are part of a great family of believers - one Lord, one faith, one baptism

A people belonging to God - through faith we are connected to God able to receive all the blessings the Father has to offer

What is my identity? I am God child.  He has saved me, called me into His family, given me access to Him and all His blessings.

How do I respond?

That you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.

Because of who I am, I am moved to offer praise and thanksgiving to God.  I walk with the Light of the World (John 8:12).  Called out of the darkness of sin through the forgiveness of sin, won by Christ on the cross of Calvary, I am free to share this good news with others, especially those who struggle with their identity.  

I once asked the late Rich Mullins, author of songs like "Awesome God," and "Sing Your Praise to the Lord," for his autograph.  Above his name he wrote - Be God's. 

So be God's child.  See your identity in your Savior, Christ Jesus.