Thursday, January 17, 2019

Meet my exercise trainer!

This is our dog, Jake, relaxing after a morning walk.  But I'm the one who should be in the chair, catching my breath!

You see, Jake walks me.  He sets the pace.  He chooses the direction.  This was decided early on - by Jake.  I thought that he'd walk with me.  But I moved too slow.  And I wasn't leading him to the places he was interested in checking out.  So, we switched roles.

I've been on a diet and exercise kick since November.  Turns out my exercise coach is Jake.  We usually cover one to two miles each walk.  Even though he's small, he has great endurance.  And when he gets those little legs going, I really have to work to keep up.

As for the diet? Well. I've lost 16 pounds.  Watching what I eat has been important.  I'm counting calories and really don't mind doing so.

But the weight loss? I think it's all due to Jake.  He's a fine exercise trainer.  If you're looking to lose some weight, maybe Jake is your guy.  Payment in pepperoni dog treats will be gladly received!