Tuesday, July 31, 2012

God's love in action

Yes, that's what I saw on Sunday at my grandson's baptism.

Baptism is a means of grace.  It is a tool that God's uses to pour out His love and grace upon people who need it.  Drew came into this world  like you and I - stained with the the sin of our first parents, Adam and Eve. 

But God was not willing to leave Drew with this deadly condition.  So God gave us Baptism which washes away sin.

Drew received the washing of water with the Word on Sunday.  God acted and made Drew His child.  Without doing a thing, Drew received the forgiveness and love of God.

I pray that as Drew becomes older, his parents will stop at the Baptismal font each Sunday with their son.  I pray that they teach him how to put his little fingers in the water and make the sign of the cross on his forehead.  I pray that they will never let Drew forgot the day that God acted and loved and embraced Drew to be His very own child.

Praise the Lord!