Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Connie!

I went off Weight Watchers at lunch today.  I had a very good reason to do so.  I felt it was my duty to celebrate our church secretary's 6th anniversary by sharing a McFurry with her.

Connie Kanzler is our church secretary.  But she is so much more.  Yes, she does the type of administrative stuff that most secretaries do.  But Connie is more - an invaluable part of our ministry staff.

Often people in need seem to call when I'm out of the office.  Connie listens to them, offers good Godly wisdom and often prays with them.  People who were in need are blessed by Connie's compassionate heart.

Folks come to our office for various reasons.  Almost all of them love spending time with Connie.  Her greeting is sincere.  Her laughter is infectious.  Her care and concern is genuine.

We are so blessed to have Connie with us at Life in Christ.  I'm looking forward to her 7th anniversary next year.  Surely we'll have to celebrate with McFlurrys, right?