Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday is my Monday

Monday is my day off.  Although I sometimes joke that I only work one day a week - Sunday - the truth is that I work about 60 hours each week and I am on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  So Monday is pretty important to me.  It's my day to relax, reflect on the past week and get geared up for the upcoming week.  Today (my Monday)  I...

Put together Sunday's worship service
  Met with Dan to ask for help with a design for our upcoming Rally Sunday
Contacted a person from Lutheran Hour Ministries to see about support for the 3rd service we're planning
  Invited folks to attend our Saturday "Basics Class"
Called SRP about our power outage - fortunately power was restored in about 35 minutes
  Met with one of our members to put together a Deacon training program
Reviewed materials from our Strategic Planning Team
  Sent out a Prayer Team Update
Contacted several members who are fighting illness
  Talked to our lead organist about the upcoming schedule
Prayed Evening Vespers
  Called it a day!

I'm not always sure our members understand how busy clergy are.  We are called on to do much in the church.  And most clergy don't mind a bit.  What can be better than serving Christ Jesus the Lord?

Nothing!