Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I don't mean to brag, but...

I've lost 17 pounds since the first of July.  My dear, sweet wife and I really enjoyed our vacation and when we weighed in, well, speaking for myself, I was shocked.  Immediately, I stepped down from the bathroom scale and went to the computer where I joined Weight Watchers Online...again.

What was disappointing was that I had gained back all the weight I had lost the year before.  Faced with having to do it all over again was something I wasn't looking forward to doing.

This time I am more determined to keep the pounds off.  I'm learning that I don't need to stuff my face with a bag of chips or order the largest hamburger and french fries off the menu.  Small portions can be satisfying (how about that!).  And the walking I've been doing to strengthen my back obviously helps.

They say that the best diet is the one you'll stick with.  Discipline is not much fun and is hard work.  But friendly blog readers - if I can do this and lose the weight, so can you! If you're dieting, keep at it.  Pray to the Lord for strength and help. Find an accountability partner who will encourage you and keep you on track.  Don't give up! You can do it...really!