Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Who says pastors only work on Sunday?

I went over my schedule for this week and found that I have time to accomplish everything I need to do...barely.

I have to prepare and write a funeral service and sermon...prepare and write Sunday service and sermon...prepare for a pre-marital counseling session...prepare to lead a committee meeting on the third service we are planning to start...schedule a meeting for our 10th anniversary committee...follow up on the visitors who worshiped at LICL this past Sunday...prepare Confirmation class...write a radio devotional...write our weekly Bible reading and devotional, "Treasuring God's Word"...make a hospital visit...keep several in-office appointments...and last but not least - see my dentist (ugh).

May God give me energy and endurance for the week.  May the peace that the Lord gave to me when He pronounced absolution for my sins in worship help me deal with the stress I'm bound to experience this week.