Thursday, September 6, 2012

You Might Be a Preacher If...

Is the title of a book that my oldest daughter gave me for my birthday my first year in the ministry.  I happened to stumble upon it while looking for some Bible study material in my office and some of the entries gave me a chuckle.  Let's see what you think...

You might be a preacher if:

You use the word "holy" more than Batman and Robin

Everybody stops talking when you enter the room

Your office is "prayer conditioned"

You've ever suffered an anxiety attack while playing Bible Trivial Pursuit

You've thought of offering Starbucks Coffee to attract new members

You've ever been asked what it's like to work only one day a week

You know what a "narthex" is

You've ever received a phone call at 4 am and the caller asks, "Did I wake you?"

You've got a fabulous sermon on humility