Saturday, January 19, 2013

All about the Beautiful Game

This morning I'm immersed in the Beautiful Game.  Here in the USA we call it soccer; in the rest of the world, it's football.  Halftime of the Liverpool/Stoke City game and my team (Liverpool) is ahead 2-nil.  A goal in European football is like a touchdown in our football - something to admire and celebrate.  My celebrations usually scare the cats but they quickly get over it. 

Later today, my dear sweet wife and I will watch my oldest grandson's first soccer game.  Since he's only four, I think the focus is not on strategy or skill but just having fun.  I imagine there will be lots of times when 20 kids or so will absolutely surround the ball but doing nothing with it.  As long as the kids have fun and no one gets hurt, I'm sure parents and grandparents will be very happy.

I hope you have the chance to enjoy the upcoming three day weekend.  Maybe you can add the Beautiful Game to your weekend list of stuff to do.