Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Laboring on Labor Day

I got inspired to start something I've been wanting to do for a long time - write my own Basics of the Christian Faith materials.

The Basics class is one I teach to those who come to Life in Christ with an interest of joining our church or wanting to know what we believe and teach.

Most of the folks who come to the class have little to no church background.  For some, a Bible verse like John 3:16 is a revelation.

For the Basics class I've been using a book that I was introduced to during my Vicarage year.  It has worked well.  But the book is a bit dated and I've found over time other Bible verses and examples that teach the faith we believe and confess pretty well. 

It will take a little time to finish this project.  But teaching the Basics class is one of the most enjoyable aspects of my call.  I love to watch people as they begin to grasp and know God's love for them in Jesus Christ.  PTL!