Thursday, April 24, 2014

Remembering Hope

It was this time about three years ago that our cat, Hope, passed away.  She adopted us at Christmas time in 1998 and, in spite of being a cat, Hope was a loyal and true friend.  She gave us so much joy over the years we had her and she was a real comfort to me in those times when I was bed-bound because of migraine headaches.  I still miss her.

A Facebook friend posted a quote from Martin Luther that I recorded in my journal.  If I remember correctly, the Luther family had lost a dog for whom they had much love.  Luther's words are touching and encouraging:

Be thou comforted, little dog.  Thou too in the resurrection shall have a little golden tail.

I hope this is true.  To be able to cradle Hope in my arms like I used to do would give me great joy.