Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Welcome Will Matthew Spicer!

On Sunday, my daughter in law, Christina, was ready to have her baby.  Never mind that the doctor said the delivery was still a week or so away. Christina was done waiting.

So it was no surprise when we got the call about 3:30 am that she and Eric were heading to the hospital.  My dear sweet wife grabbed her stuff and drove to meet them.  It appeared that Will was going to make an early morning appearance.

Then, around 7:30 am Sherri called to say that there was been a slowdown and that it appeared that they would all spend a long day at the hospital.  I decided to use the time to do some review of texts for the next sermon I would prepare.

All of a sudden, around 10:30 am I got a text from Sherri.  Will had arrived!  Even the nurse caring for Christina couldn't believe how quickly things began to happen.  Dr. Sawyer arrived and the rest, as they say, is history.

Will is 20 inches long and weighs in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces.  Christina thought that he weighed at least 9 pounds!

I know you hear this from all proud grandparents but Will is a beautiful baby.  As he sleeps he almost purrs.  So cute! He took right to nursing.  He and his mother are bonding quickly.  And my son is over the moon with joy!

Will's sister, Emily, was pretty awe struck seeing her new baby brother.  I think she'll be a fine big sister.

Sherri said to me, "The miracle of birth takes your breath away."  Indeed, it does.  All praise to the One who works such miracles, our maker and creator, our mighty God.  Glory to His name!