Tuesday, April 12, 2016

First learn and then apply to life

The first part of Psalm 86:11 - Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk in Your truth.

The psalmist makes it clear that before you can walk you have to be taught.

This make such perfect sense, right?

Before you can live out the truth of God's Word in your daily life, you have to know this Word.

I get frustrated with people, especially some parents, who say things like, "I don't want my child cooped up in some classroom going through a boring Catechism class.  I want my child learning how to serve other and help others.  That's how they learn the faith."

Wrong!

Our works and service are a result of our learning the truth of God's Word.  First, we are taught the truth and then we put the truth into practice.

Besides, if a parent's thinking about Catechism class that it's boring, it's not hard to know what their child's attitude toward the Catechism will be, right?

Don't despise the teaching of God's Word.  Pray with the psalmist, "Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk in Your truth."

God bless your learning and your walking!