Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The best seat at last night's Diamondbacks game...

Was on my couch!

I've reached that point in my life where it is a whole lot easier and more enjoyable to watch sporting events from the comfort of my couch as opposed to making my way to one of our stadiums to see the game in person.

I've been told this is a sign of old age; it is certainly a sign of my old age!

Still, I didn't have to drive to downtown Phoenix...didn't have to pay to park my car in some garage...didn't have to pay an outrageous sum of money for a hot dog and an adult beverage...didn't have to listen to the guy next to me complain about the umps or the stupid manager who doesn't know what he's doing or why he's glad to have a night out without his wife.

And since neither my wife nor I were feeling very well, I felt no guilt at all in turning off the game in the 5th inning and calling it an early night (this was good since the D-Backs scored 9 runs in the next inning to put the game away - it's going to be a long season for Cardinals fans).

So there you have it.  I'll probably catch some additional games this week from my favorite seat.  Now if I can just get the attention of the concession girl, I mean, my dear, sweet wife! Beer here!