Saturday, September 24, 2016

What I'm Reading

I am just about to finish "The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert" by Rosaria Butterfield.  She is the former college professor who was loved to Christ Jesus by a pastor and his wife.  Butterfield was involved in a lesbian relationship at the time and was highly distrustful of evangelical Christians.  She was simply encouraged to read the Bible and in it she found a God that could be trusted and who loved her through Jesus.  Butterfield has married and is the mother of four adopted children.  This is a "can't put it down" kind of book.  She provides a blue-print for the church on how to witness Christ to those in same-sex relationships.  Definitely worth the time to read.

I received "Because of Bethlehem," the latest from Max Lucado, for my birthday so I'll tackle that one next.  I'm also working through Stephen King's "11-22-63."  It is a book about traveling back in time and is quite fascinating.  I must be one of the few people in America that has not read a book by King but I was hooked by this book within just a few pages.  The book runs over 1000 pages so I'll be at it awhile.  But I think it will be worth the time.

This is the last weekend of our current worship schedule.  Saturday service, as usual, takes place at 5 pm.  Sunday services at 8 and 10:45 am with Bible classes for all ages at 9:20 am.  Some parts of the schedule will change next week but we won't concern ourselves with that until next week.  Hope to see you this weekend at LICL!