Saturday, January 21, 2017

Life Sunday

Tomorrow, Life in Christ will observe Life Sunday.  In my message I'll share a bit about my time serving on the board of directors of the Pregnancy Center and Clinic of the Low Country, based on Hilton Head Island, SC.  As I worked on the message I enjoyed reflecting on the time I spent with the director, Dr. Vera Bailey.  She was a charismatic and effective leader and would not let anything stop her from helping a young woman who had decided to carry her baby to term.  Dr. Bailey would find funds, medical care, places to live and just about anything the expectant mother needed.  She was also a person who trusted in Jesus' forgiveness and salvation and was a very effective witness for the faith.

There will be a worship service this evening at 5 pm with Deacon Jerry Klink preaching.  Tomorrow, two services are scheduled - 8 am and 11 am - and Bible classes for all ages will meet at 9:30 am.  So, join us this weekend for worship at LICL!